The 2014 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) deadline is next week! Below you will find answers to the latest frequently asked questions.
1. Do you have any suggestions for how we can add more people to our team this weekend?
We know you’re going to be working hard over the next several days on your proposals and many of you will be trying to find more team members as well. We appreciate your dedication!
Your fellow exchange alumni are busily posting their project proposal links to our Facebook page. We highly recommend posting the link to your project proposal on alumni social media pages; you can post it to our page, to your alumni association’s pages, or wherever you see fit. Be sure to include a brief, enthusiastic summary about your project!
2. Are you sure that there are alumni on your Facebook page that still want to join teams?
Yes! We see their posts all day! Not all exchange alumni want to lead a team, many would like to support the projects of their fellow exchange alumni. There are very excited alumni on our page right now, so please feel free to promote your project there.
3. I’m confused about team members! How many exchange alumni need to be on each team?
You will only need to have five (5) team members total, and that number includes the team leader. So as the team leader, you just need to find four (4) exchange alumni to join your team.
4. What are the AEIF 2014 themes? I’m worried that my project proposal won’t fit one of the themes.
You’re in luck, because our themes cover nearly every public service project proposal imaginable, and in past years our exchange alumni have been very pleased with the available themes. Here is the complete list:
- Empowering Women
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment
- Expanded Access to Education
- Environmental Protection
- Government Transparency
- Freedom of Expression
- Conflict Resolution
- Citizen Security
- Promoting Civil Society
There’s a strong chance that your project proposal fits one of the themes above, but if you have questions, please feel free to message us!
5. The competition ends on April 23 at Midnight EST. Is that the beginning of April 23, or the beginning of April 24?
The competition closes on April 23 at Midnight. To be safe, just remember that AEIF 2014 will end at 11:59 pm EST on April 23.
6. My team wants to make sure that we aren’t requesting funding for things you cannot fund. We’d like to request funding to cover expenses for our speaker. Is that possible?
You can request funding to cover expenses for speakers and trainers, but please note that you cannot request funding to cover airfare to or from the United States. You can find the list of what we can and cannot fund on our Commonly Asked Questions page.
Thank you for your questions, we cannot wait to read your AEIF 2014 proposals! Have more questions? Feel free to drop a note into our Ask Box, or message us on Facebook.